Friday, March 28, 2008

Listing Madness

Do you make lists?




I do all the time. I make lists of what I need to do for the day, the weekend. I make grocery lists. I like to write lists of names of people I’d like to invite to a party that I’m not even going to have because I’m never at home. I write lists of things I’d like to accomplish. I have a “bucket list”. I write lists of what I want in life, in a mate. I write lists of goals. I re-write lists that I’ve written. I make lists of things I haven’t said. I have lists of bills/debts that need to be paid off. I wrote a list of things I’d like to do in my new town. I make lists of things I HAVE accomplished. I’ve created lists of habits that I’d like to break. I make lists of EVERYTHING!

I’m crazy.

You might say, “No, you’re not. That is so normal.” Yeah, maybe but see, I never complete any of my lists. Not even my grocery list. It’ll say milk right there at the top but guess what? I get home and then it’s “dammit, how the heck did I forget the milk?” Or the one that’s driving me crazy right now is the fact that I was supposed to pick up my contacts 6 weeks ago and I still haven’t. I’ve been wearing the same pair for two months. Yet, look at my lists and I can guarantee that it was written down at least 4 times.

I write my lists on torn paper, on post it notes, in an e-mail draft, in my notebook with the hearts on it, in a Word document, in the drafts of my text messages, I record lists on my phone’s voice recorder, on the back of a student’s assignment. And now, in my blog.


Again, I’m crazy. :)

So, today I’m making yet another list and I’m sharing it with all of you.

1) Get healthy
2) Pick up contacts
3) Schedule a dentist appointment
4) Figure out what the deal is with SB.
5) Sing on a stage. Some stage, any stage.
6) Make/save some money (this may entail finding a new/additional job)
7) Buy a better recording device
8) Write another song AND put it to some music
9) Go to three of Nashville’s “best spots”
10) Organize – whatever that means.

Okay, so the big question is … what’s a girl gotta do when she makes herself a list? Start crossing stuff off!

I’ll keep you updated!

13 comments:

Kat said...

Wow! That is quite a list! I am a list maker too, but mine is not as exciting at yours. :)
Have a great weekend!

KG said...

Heh . . . I can knock #4 off the list for you . . . What's the deal with him? HE SUCKS!!!!! Hehe.

Krystin said...

Nashville Hot Spots:

1. Rosepepper - Mexican restaurant on Eastland in East Nashville.
2. The 12th South District - Cool Boutiques, Maffioza's Italian, Portland Brew, Frothy Monkey
3. Hillsboro Village - Jackson's, Fido, Sunset Grille (you have to try their late nite nachos), McDougals, great shops like Posh, Pangea, Fire and Finch.

There's some of my faves.

Chevy said...

your wish is my command. Check out my blog for the latest on Hank.

Laski said...

Good list! Now get to it, girl!!! I'll call you Sunday--worked a track meet today (wet, muddy, cold . . . what fun . . . and I did it for free.)

Can I just say Law Student Hot Mama is hilarious. Hee hee :)

Brunhilda said...

I make lists ALL THE TIME. I just got a new notebook for mostly that purpose. I keep short-term lists (like "to do today", "songs to download", "German words to look up", and "people to email") in the front and my long-term list (which includes: get job, find apartment, apply to grad schools, etc.) in the back. I like to leave little squares next to them so I can make a check mark when I finish something. VERY satisfying.

The square next to "put laundry away" has been mocking me, empty, for three days. We can't do everything.

Lindsey said...

I knew I liked you. I'm SUCH a lister too. What's worse is that I LOVE list note pads too....so I have like 50 cute note pads and then I have like 50 lists of stuff. Seriously a problem. Can't help it....it's an addiction.

just jamie said...

Guess I know what you're getting for Christmas...

P.S. Go get your contacts. Like now. :)

Misty said...

1. You are a beautiful woman.
2. You have a beautiful heart.
3. You are a gentle soul.
4. You are a true friend.


I'm a list maker, too!!

Kristy said...

I am a list maker too. My favorite are my color-coded lists that are keyed according to importance. Funny, the *most important* items on the list rarely/never get done!

Misty said...

I moved. I would love it if you would follow me over to:

www.mylesstraveledroad.blogspot.com

Love, Misty

Lori said...

sometimes you have to step back and set your goals down in writing. I don't look at that as a list I look at it as a reality check. Maybe the list you need to make is a list of why you want or feel the need to keep SB in your life to begin with!

my guess is you'll be surprised as to the reasons

Danielle said...

I make tons of lists too. Then I find them in my pockets, in the bottom of my purse, on the floor of the car etc! I also never really accomplish much on my lists- but I sure do love making them.