Saturday, March 15, 2008

Headin' out on the town ...

My boy best friend (BoyBF) is in town. We've spent the last 5 days hanging out, experiencing the city, being absolutely ridiculous. Oh man ... we even saw Michael Buble in concert. Super hot. I highly recommend him. Just looking at him, even. Well, and maybe even listening to him sing.

BoyBF offers such a much needed perspective, as all my dear friends do. We haven't spent actual time together since April so it's almost been a year. We use to spend every day together (yay for our old job!) so the changes in me have been very apparent to him.

Ugh.

Let's just say that on Wednesday alone there were three different moments where I cried.
Oh, this healing process ... what a freakin' journey.
The best part though is that we laugh and laugh and laugh. Not that I haven't been laughing, I mean, I'm not that far gone. It's just good to laugh with an old friend, reminisce about old times all while making new memories.

So far we've gotten lost in my new city, saw an amazing up and coming singer, BoyBF became a karaoke sensation last night, and we managed to dodge a verbal altercation with some way too drunken man at the bar.

Good times, great friend. BoyBF is so awesome. He just played me a song with the line: "If there's one thing that I know, with a million miles to go, nobody, no one can take away my song".

Tonight we're hitting the town again. Somewhere in this mind of mine are thoughts I'd rather not admit to. Oh, boy oh boy, it's time for pre drinks.

What's a girl got to do? grab a lowcut shirt and a LARGE glass of wine! :) haha ...

9 comments:

Lindsey said...

Have one for me...and another,....and another:) Not that I would ever indulge (just kidding)! So glad you are starting to feel like yourself again!!!

Laski said...

Yeah! You are having fun. Real fun!!! Good for you. Enjoy. Be safe. Be HAPPY!

just jamie said...

Yeah...she's back!

KG said...

Good for you! Just don't fall for him (unless he's gay!). . .

Have FUN!

Anonymous said...

glad to hear u r out having fun!

Krystin said...

yeah, sister! that's it!

Chevy said...

good for you! I posted a song on my site that will hopefully help you close this chapter.

Misty said...

Behave.

That's all I need to write. That.One. Word.

Behave.

(wink)

Laski said...

Have I told you lately that I love you??? Oh, yeah, that's right I can't cause you haven't done anything with your blog.

You suck.

That's right.

I said it.


What are ya gonna do about it?

Oh, yeah, nothin'--just like with your blog.


*sniff*

It's OK, I still <3 u.