Wednesday, April 30, 2008

News

Hi friends.

I feel like I come here with my tail between my legs because I've been completely MIA. I was talking to Laskigal and she's like, "just put it out there"

What's "it"? Why, SB of course.

Or B. Just plain B. He's great and right now things are going well. Really, really well. So well that I'm sort of like, "oh...wow" and no, I don't want it to end.

I'm living in some fantasy world that I'm hoping, even when the honeymoon phase is over, will still be a reality. He surprised me at work the day before my birthday since I wasn't there on the actual day. He brought cupcakes for all of my students. So, so sweet. He picked me up from the airport and brought flowers and then had an evening of surprises. He wrote our mutual friend a note about me and how wonderful I am. He's pretty much everything I want "that special someone" to be.

And now it's official. He's gone from SB to BF. I know ... WTF, right? That's what I'm thinking. And, is it too good to be true? Who knows. I hope not but we'll take it one day at a time.

I haven't forgotten. There are issues and we'll just see who wins in the end. Us or the issues. But, I will not sacrifice myself or my full happiness in the process. Right now, I'm happy with him. Sappy, silly, crazy happy.

It's scary as hell.

But there is life other than him still. However, I have spent more time with him or talking to him and I've loved every moment (I'd roll my eyes and make gagging noises if I was hearing someone say this!) . Friends, other than its ridiculously rocky and difficult start (and not to say I completely overlook it), this is exactly what I've wanted. Maybe it isn't right but so what, because right now it's every adjective you could use to describe something good.

So, perhaps that's why I haven't been around. I mean, I spent months talking about the heartbreak and hurt and you were all there for me. And then, BAM! While I'm trying desperately to find a way to get over it, get past it and listening to, or trying to listen to, the advice and support, it changes. And I never saw it coming.

This is my first official adult relationship. Yet I feel like I'm 15. I will still need you all.


Much love.

10 comments:

KG said...

Good for you! I hope everything works out great!

Lindsey said...

Love.....exciting and new. AH, how much fun are you having! Enjoy it sweetie!

Misty said...

This is what most people live for..... finding some one to love, and who loves them in return.

We've got your back. So keeping sharing.... there are those of us out here that eat up every line you write.

xo Misty

Kristy said...

Hi, friend! We talk daily, and you know how I feel about BF and your happiness, os I am just going to comment on this part:

"I haven't forgotten. There are issues and we'll just see who wins in the end. Us or the issues."

I like the way you wrote that. That's all. :)

Anonymous said...

maybe his eyes were finally opened up to ur goodness. who knows? just go with it and emjoy it while it last...hopefully for a very long time!

So@24 said...

Are we the same person?

Laski said...

Ugh. Tell Kristy to write some posts. Tell SB/BF to be good. Very, very good. Or. Else.

luv u

Chevy said...

Hey chica! Well if you're happy then I'm happy for you. Glad to have you back!

just jamie said...

Living in the RIGHT NOW is exactly what you should be doing. You are wise to follow your heart. You can be cautious and still wrapped up in the goodness of being in love.

We're here.

Kat said...

You are doing the exact right thing. Enjoying the moment so you live life with no regrets, but also not willing to sacrifice any part of yourself.
Yeah you!