Friday, May 16, 2008

I need coke ...

OMGoodness!
Has it really, truly been over two weeks and you haven't heard a word from me?

Dang! Hope you're all okay but I suppose you're getting used to my being MIA!

So, this is totally random but I was thinking about it the past few days ...

I gave up Coke last summer and switched to Diet. I figured it would help me become healthier and it did assist me in losing a few pounds. I always hated when people said that they liked Diet Coke - you like it? Really? That stuff that has absolutely NO taste at all, whatsoever. And who the heck orders the cheeseburger meal with a diet coke ... freaks!

I became a freak.

Yup, I started liking diet coke and would actually go as far as saying that I craved one.

Well, then, see, I started hearing that it wasn't good for you and perhaps even worse than its regular counterpart. Apparently, the elements in it are so bad it could break down rust, imagine what it's doing to your body - people would say.

Whatever, I don't care about that. Bring it, my body needs to be cleansed of rust anyway. But they'd also add ...

It makes you want sugars because of the lack of said product in it.

No way. I drank away, not believing what people said.

But then, in the midst of my getting healthy in all aspects of life journey, I started wanting, needing candy, chocolate, cake, ice cream - whatever had sugar in it. Hell, I'd eat raw sugar straight from the plant if I knew where to find it.

Then. It happened. My car drove itself to McDonald's drive through for that sugary syrupy goodness. My mouth opened, I couldn't control it, and it requested a medium oh-so-yummy coke (read: no diet!). My lips and tongue even said "light ice" as to maximize the amount of forbidden liquid.

It was good. So good. It was like a reunion.

But it's over. I gave in and I can't do it again. But that one time ... it was right. I won't forget it.

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Sweet girl, update us on your love life. You are so keeping us hanging. Don't do it. Tell it.

Glad you got your coke fix:)

KG said...

BWAHAHAHA

Man, I hate Coke - and all soft drinks (notice I'm from the south with the "soft drinks" as opposed to soda or pop). I'm a freak.

But I crave those damn Cadbury Mini Eggs like they're going out of style.

ANd I back up Lindsey - don't leave us hanging with the love life! We want things to work out for you!

just jamie said...

Okay, so first of all, "I need coke" had me thinking something else about Ms. RJTrue. Ah, but the Diet kind, I see.

Here's the thing. I don't drink soda (I do however drink many other forbidden beverages, lest you think me a prude), but there's something about McDonald's and Coke. Maybe it's the wider straw, maybe it's a magical formula, but it's so damn good.

Laski said...

There is nothing like a Coke from Mickey Ds . . .