Thursday, April 10, 2008

Update: The List and a new place!

I picked up my contacts! Finally, I can check something off. And they've only been ready for over two months!

So, I was out on my evening walk the other day and I found a new spot that I like - a place good for relaxation and contemplation. Everywhere I've lived I've had a place or two like that - just a mini escape. Now, in my new home, I have a few but this one is so simple and just up the street.

We have this community something or other with a tennis and basketball court and two swings. Okay, so it's not that fancy but it's so incredibly peaceful at night. I've been a couple of times and it's been so, so nice.

It's probably not that big of a deal to many people or maybe you have your own place to go to, I don't know. Just sometimes, for me, I need a temporary getaway to think about nothing or to think about everything. And the only thing there that can influence me is ... well, um. Nothing.

What's a girl got to do when she needs to get away? Go ...

11 comments:

Lindsey said...

What does a mom do when she needs to get away??? HA! The bath tub is my refuge:)

RJTrue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RJTrue said...

That's so funny because I was thinking about my awesome mom friends when I wrote that.

Just call me, I'll babysit!

Laski said...

Hmmm...where do I go? Probably the office . . . on the computer. But, now that the weather is improving, maybe on the deck . . . to check out the deer :)

Misty said...

I usually head out for a girls night... or shopping.... or the bathroom, I have a lock on that door..... I also love late nights all to myself when every one is in bed.... listening to the soft noise of the tv or the clicking of my keyboard..... I love phone dates when no one is around to bug me.... I'm comfortable in my own head....

By the way..... miss you....

KG said...

Heh - she drinks heavily!

But if that's not an option, she goes for a walk in the woods.

Kristy said...

I have had a "place" in every town/city I have lived in. I don't know why, but I have to have somewhere of my own where I can just sit and be and reflect and dream. In reference to Lindsey's comment, I'm guess I'm going to have to figure out an alternate plan come September when Baby Crawdy comes along... :)

Kat said...

I've had a place like that every city I've lived in too. Luckily I only live a few block from Lake Michigan now and there are so many people gorgeous places to go. If I ever get time to myself, that is! ;)

Kat said...

Wow. What just happened on my last comment? I guess I am too tired to write. That really didn't make any sense.
I live a few BLOCKS from Lake Michigan. And there are many gorgeous places to sit and think.
Sheesh!
Sorry 'bout that!

Brunhilda said...

Back when I lived with my parents, I started jogging when I needed to get away, but sometimes that was still too... public or something. I once ducked into a little field with bushes hiding it from the road and just lay down to rest. It was SO perfect. I think about that everywhere now, and I always search for little stopping places when I'm on a walk or a jog.

Krystin said...

I'm imagining Sevier Park...and if that's the case, I have a great summertime recommendation for you...


Las Paletas Gourmet Popsicles

if i'm wrong...you should still get a popsicle.