Monday, January 7, 2008

GETTING STARTED

Someone once told me that I should think about starting my own online journal. He (of course it was a he) said that I had so much to say so perhaps I just needed a place to get it all out.

I was irritated by that. I'm (obviously) not against the idea of blogging at all. I think it's cool. But I didn't think I needed that in particular. I had a journal that was tucked away, endless notebooks with thoughts and ideas and me babbling endlessly on paper. But the things I told him I wanted him to listen to. He didn't get that part. He thought I just liked to talk. I mean, I do. A lot. But I liked talking to him. He never heard a word I said.

We don't talk anymore.

But I've realized that since then, maybe I do need some sort of outlet. An outlet that's appreciated. If only by some random person clicking on "next blog" trying to find something that pertains to them. Or maybe someone will read something that I've experienced and apply it to their own life.

I've been through a bit here and there. I don't always succeed but it's in failures, too, that I have learned exactly what a girl's gotta do to survive in this world.

I have a lot of best friends - dysfunction and drama are two of the closest. They've taught me so much over the years. I have a feeling you'll get to know them, and me, very well.

3 comments:

L. Lemanski said...

Dysfunction and drama--they can be really good friends. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Misty said...

Welcome to your new "outlet". You'd be surprised the friendships that be created through sharing random thoughts and experiences from your life. Glad you joined the club... we're the cool kids, right? I'll be checking back in........

Lindsey said...

Dysfunction and drama have been two of my closest friends too. I, too, have a lot to say and sometimes it is so nice to have my bloggy outlet!

I've enjoyed my visit so much that I'm adding you to my blog roll....that way I won't forget to read your blog!:)