Monday, January 14, 2008

The girls I know

Shall we discuss the girls that help us along?


I could talk about them every single day. I could talk about boys everyday, too but I have to remember that one of my 2008 Ways of Improving My Life is to get rid of the boys and find me a man ...


Okay, I digress.


I'm in the midst of an odd kind of heartscratch. It's not a break - it wasn't serious enough for that. But, it was unexpectantly expected. I know, strange. But it hurts. A lot. As nearly every matter of the heart like this does. I'll talk about that another day though, friends.


I want to talk about the girls who are by my side through this situation that I should have ran like hell from months ago. I'm walking away slowly now and they are kindly helping ... okay, pulling me along. You know what's funny? All of the girls I'll mention know me so incredibly well. They've been around through the process of this madness and they just listened, gave advice I ignored yet listened still. And though they saw this coming, next to me they still stand.

Two are from work and they sent me e-mails during the day holding words of encouragement and promising chocolate milkshakes and cheese sticks on Wednesday. I've known them a short time but we must be kindred spirits. My best friend from back in Chicago, who is getting married in less than ONE MONTH called me out on every lie and then reminded me of all the great things in my life ... like her of course.

And then, there's my blood. My sisters. My life. I've got a big one and little one. They are quite different but the message is the same: Filled with so much love that it takes care of and replenishes an empty heart.


Because of these women, I'll find what I need to find and then ... because of me, I'll be okay.


Boy are still stupid.


Who are your girls? I sure hope you got yourself a good stable of 'em because I sure don't know who I'd be without them!!

4 comments:

L. Lemanski said...

I have a nice base of buds . . . thankfully (and am finding some awesome bloggy buddies each and every day . . . heck, isn't that why we blog?!?). My little sister is my bestest friend. I like to make her think she needs her older, wiser sister . . . in truth, it is I who need her . . . without her, I would be lost :)

Misty said...

You know, it's funny that you write this post, because actually, I have a hard time making friends. I don't know about you, but for me, it's REALLY hard to find a true friend these days.... a truly, truly, truly true friend. Tried and true. I don't have an ounce of room in my life for any type of drama, deceit, damage, and let's face it - - women can be mean. So, I hang with my kids. My husband is my very best friend, and I have a couple girlfriends who see me through. I hate my mother, but she clearly deserves that, but that's a long, involved story. And my sister....my sister and I have a lot of hurt in our hearts towards each other.....
This comment shows the signs of going on and on forever....

You have a fantastic way about you. I am loving your words.....

L. Lemanski said...

Misty . . .I am so with you on this one--in more ways than one.

I have a lot of acquaintances, but few true friends that I can count on no matter what, that will be there for me, be honest with me, respect me, and let me just be me . . .

Chevy said...

I have a friend who's 15 years older (therefore, her insight is highly valued). Then there's my big sis (5 years older), who's kinda judgmental, but she really means well. Both ladies help me keep my head straight!