Monday, January 7, 2008

The games we play

So, over the weekend I went out with a "friend" Without getting into the whole history right now, let's just say he is not just a friend. He should be more, he could be more, he would be more but he just isn't. It's friends we are. Ugh.

Anyway, we had Friday off so we decided to go out in the middle of the day. I knew he had some kind of plans for the evening but he wouldn't say what they were. I'm a smart girl so let's be honest, he didn't need to. But anyway, he chose to be mysterious. Fine. Go ahead. Little does he know that he's about as mysterious as a tween girl's obsession with High School Musical.

Moving on.

We met at his place. Before you get any ideas, friends, I was there for all of 15 minutes. Someone please tell me why he had his "evening" clothes laying on the chair in the LIVING ROOM!?!? I hate games. I don't know what he was trying to prove. I got it, you have a hot date after our "friend time". Whatever. I'm a girl. An emotional one at that. And, like I said, I hate games. But my initial reaction was, thankfully, held at bay. I wanted to go biserck and use all sorts of colorful language about how he was such an ass. Instead, I said, "ooo, going somewhere fancy?" and when he didn't respond I just laughed to myself, yet loud enough for him to hear, and told him I liked his choice of clothes.

We went out. We had a decent time. It was far different from out last get together but fun nonethless. At least I thought. He continued this supposed mystery and before I left, you know, so he could get ready for his big event I said, "Just be sure to be cute and charming" smiled, more like smirked, and walked right out.

I guess I have no choice but to play along.

Stupid games. Stupid boy.

Why do you play? Do you always have to? I don't think I'll ever quite get it. But what's my option ... either I'm in or he's going out to find a new scrabble partner. For now, it works. But I tell you, friends, there will come a day when it isn't worth it. The game will be over even though there may be turns left. You definitely can't give it everything you have because then you have nothing left.
And you sure as hell don't want to lose.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh I remember those games!! I think we all have played along from time to time. And then there comes a time when it's not fun anymore! If he doesn't get to that point, he wasn't worth it!!

Lindsey said...

Oh yeah, I found you through Laski.....cute header!!

Misty said...

I hate stupid boys, and I HATE stupid games........ and **ugh** is right.