Tuesday, February 26, 2008

His Words

There's a part of me that thinks it's completely evil to share this with you, since it's stuff he's written for my eyes but now it's mine and it belongs to me so sharing is what I choose to do. And perhaps I just want you to see firsthand what it is I'm dealing with.

****

Last night around 11:30ish I got a text that said, "Hey! I’ll hit you up tomorrow. We are having our first sleepover. Is that TMI?”

I didn't respond.

Then, this morning I read this e-mail he had sent about an hour before the text (the subject was "random thoughts")

-I like girls who like me back. No point fighting the others too hard J Been there, done that, time has passed. I got extremely “lucky” this time. Also, surprised I haven’t screwed this up yet even though I caused sour note over the weekend. I’m very surprised I haven’t disappeared into the awesomeness of our little universe and that I still have kept in touch with everyone else.
-I had a party at my house Sunday and didn’t care that they turned my downstairs into a pig pen. And I got pissed that ½ the people who said they would be there didn’t show up (the golden rule?) But then some unexpected people showed up and filled out the original quota even though I didn’t get the caterer like I had planned. (NOTE: I wasn't invited)
-I think I can learn more about a person by sleeping beside them than in hours of conversation. And some people just fit together like a puzzle and it’s for good reason
-I’m afraid of you when you don’t talk or hold things back. But oddly intrigued by it and wondering what is in that head of yours.
-I think I would take back my “never going on a vacation with you” statement from a few months ago on one or two conditions of a not to be spoken nature. I think we would have fun and we obviously wouldn’t lack for conversation. Until you pissed me off or vice versa. I am really happy we seem to have found our friendship groove however and you have stopped calling me “Friend” in that stupid, silly way that you do J
-I am curious what your statement “I find a lot of things about you endearing, yada, yada, things you like least about yourself” relates to.
-I hope you know I find you insanely fascinating. Your facebook story about the list of things you said you wanted to do in the past year sooo made me want to read it. And if not for Julie, I would have totally been your Valentine if for no other reason than just to be nice and help you cross something off your list.

****

What's a girl to do? I sure like what law student hot mama said in my last post.

I have major love for you girls!

16 comments:

KATE said...

Wow, that is some crazy frustratingly randoms from the boy. I'm on my way back to get the back story on all this!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! & thanks for your kind words.

just jamie said...

Okay, hold on. He said WHAT? He said he's taking back his "never going on a vacation with you" statement.

How very heroic of him. (Vomit)

And, my jaw is still open at the Valentine comment. What the F***?

Who does he think he is?

Thanks for sharing. I think so highly of this punk now. Give him to Julie. Please. Now. :)

Lindsey said...

It's time to do one of two things: #1 Change your email address or #2 block his email.

How does this guy carry around his ego?

Lindsey said...

Am I being too harsh????

marisa said...

I am so sick of this kid's bullshit. He is such a tease. I had a married guy at work do this to me. "If I had met you 7 years ago, we'd be married." I got so fed up with it because I almost fell for it, but then I realized there was no way it would go anywhere!! This guy is a total "collector"! He just wants all these women to have crushes on him.

marisa said...

And Lindsey, no you're not.

Misty said...

Ok. My big word for you, concerning my thoughts on him:

ASS HOLE.

KG said...

Um . .. ok. He's not only a douchebag, he's manipulative. He says stuff he thinks is insightful and interesting in an effort to make him look like he's thoughtful. Yeah, he's thoughtful allright . . thoughtful about how to manipulate people into thinking he's awesome when he's not!

He SUCKS!!! Respond to his email saying, "Look, dude. I'm tired of your emails. I'm tired of hearing about how your sex life. The truth is, I once was interested in you and hoped you felt the same way. Now I'm not interested anymore. I think you're a manipulative douchebag. Please don't call or email me ever again."

Then, when he calls you 500 times and emails you 50000 times, ignore him. If he persists, tell him you'll get a restraining order.

Next year, make sure you bump into him somewhere and sport your new engagement ring! (That's a trick from my play book . . . I had an ex who was a real jerk. I bumped into him after I had recently become engaged and he was single. Revenge is SWEET! It's awesome to say "no" when he begs and begs to go out for coffee!) He's toxic, man . . . seriously. Tell him he can enjoy his vacation solo.

Krystin said...

I don't like this guy. He seems all too familiar.

suchsimplepleasures said...

lindsey hit it right on...and, she isn't being too harsh. ignore him. ignore his bulls..t. there are way too many other guys out there, to have to put up with this one!!
i wouldn't even respond to him...at all!
that's my advice. he'll get the message, eventually!!

So@24 said...

Oooh! You didn't even respond?

That takes some serious self-restraint.

RJTrue said...

Dear 24,
No didn't respond at all. I was kinda like, "WTF!" If you could have seen what was going on in my head, I had plenty to say but what would be the point?? I was thinking, "TMI? No, not at all. More like WDYJRMHROTIOTGSOISITBSIATIBABU?"
(that is - Why don't you just rip my heart right out, throw it on the ground, step on it, smash it to bits, stab it and toss it back all broken up)
But whatever, I'm "over it". Total lie but I'll get there.
:)

As for my girls, I love you to bits!!! You're the best. You have no idea how you're all helping me through this. I'm definitely listening to ya'll. Like I said, I'll get there ...

Lindsey said...

You will get there and his actions and emails will propel you:) HA! This is a process! You can do it!

just jamie said...

Looking forward to hearing the next bit...

Anonymous said...

EWWWW. Seriously, DO NOT give this boy the time of day anymore!! He is completely toxic, manipulative, and abusive. Strong words? Yes. But I've seen this before.

Girlfriend, you are a PRINCESS. You are a Daughter of THE King!!! You are beautiful, lovely, and worthy of a man who will love you with his heart, soul, mind, and body. Don't throw your precious life away to a boy that isn't even worthy of breathing the same air as you.

Sending love and prayers to you! xoxo
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Can't remember how I found you (maybe through Chevy, but then how I found her I don't know).

WOW! Your SB sounds like my Sequel. Is it wrong that I'm cheering for you and watching how you handle this so that I can do the same? I'd love to echo the sentiments of the other ladies, but I know how it is when you are actually IN the situation. Gawd! I can't wait for the day when I've had enough of guys like this.

Boo to losers and hooray for a gang of ladies in your corner.