Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Girly Girl Goodness

I don't think I'd come right out and say I was a girly girl; however, after a conversation with my sister this afternoon I don't think I can be anything but!

I was driving home from work today and I noticed wild turkeys on the side of the road. I had no idea they were indigenous to this new area in which I live - okay, well I heard that they hung out here but I just couldn't picture that yummy, tasty November goodness running around outside for all the world to see.

Anyway, I saw them. A whole bunch. And in my ever so lovely shrilly voice I shared the information with my sister. I said something along the lines of, "I love nature and wild turkeys". I believe she quipped right back with, "Yeah, when you're a safe distance away as you drive by them ... in your car"

I laughed because it's so true.

I'm the kind of girl whose idea of "roughing it" is walking from the driveway to the front door of my house in weather that is either too cold, too warm, too rainy or too not just right.

My idea of camping involves indoor plumbing.

My idea of hiking would be when I accidentally park on one side of the mall when the store I need to visit is on the absolute opposite side.

I plan on going to a ski lodge one day but not to ski ... I just want to fully utilize the spa facilities and appreciate the view from the outside hot tub. All while I sip on a glass of wine.

Okay, I know I sound like a total snot and I'm really not that bad. I like nature. I love animals. I'm forever baffled by how excited I still get at seeing deer in an open field or the view of rolling hills in the distance.

I can handle getting dirty. I just like being a girl. And oftentimes, I like being a girly girl.

Just wanted you all to know.

What's a girl got to do when she's a girl? Well, duh! Call a few friends and celebrate the fact that God made her something so great!

4 comments:

Misty said...

YES- - God made us wonderfully!

And.... I am not a girly girl.

But I think it's great that you are.

(wink)

Glad to see you posted again. You're one of my favorite reads!

just jamie said...

Amen sista'!

Er...uh...I mean I love your honesty and commitment to the female species.

I say, thank goodness for hand sanitizer and chic lit. I suppose I've got the GG gene too.

Laski said...

Hilarious! There is nothing wrong with being a girl. I just love being a girl . . .what line is that from? A song, I think! Hope your dinner went well!!!

Lindsey said...

My idea of roughing it...is, well, when my cable is out. Does that make me a girly girl? I think so and that is so fine with me!!! I'm completely happy with that!

BTW, thank you for the sweet comments you left on my blog!