Wednesday, April 1, 2009

If you really knew me ...

My students completed a project not long ago as we began a new unit. They had to answer the following question:

If you really knew me, you'd know ...

They couldn't write about the simple things - like, "my favorite color is blue. I like hockey" It had to give insight to them as a person. I thought I'd answer it today.

If you really knew me, you'd know that I try to be optimistic but lately I've been failing miserably. I live way too much on the what if's, to the point that they consume me. The biggest question of all being, "what if I was thinner?"

You'd know that there are moments I think I should just move back to the one place I said I'd never return. "Home." Sometimes, I don't think I deserve to be where I am. I came to chase a dream but somehow, though once strong and unstoppable, I have become one that sits on the sidelines, watching everyone else.

I love, love teaching but I'm pretty sure I need a break for awhile. I don't want to lose what it is that sets me apart from what I fear I'm becoming. I am passionate about what I do - and I want to continue being so - even if I have to step away for bit.

*********************

I planned to write more but it's 1:30am. Time for bed for this girl that you'll know even more about soon ...

1 comment:

Chevy said...

IF you were thinner you'd be beset with worries of whether your boobs were too small, why your butt doesn't fill out your pants just right, or how come you weren't born with a "womanly" figure. Take it from a skinny chick! LOL! Love yourself...your confidence will override any insecurities with your beauty.