Monday, June 9, 2008

The start of summer

So, end of the school year we had to turn in our laptop for two weeks.

I thought I'd die without that connection to the world ... my life!

But, finally, I got it back and here I am.

Here's an overview of what's to come in the next few posts:

Summer job - I'm an assistant/best friend/big sister/cook to an 18 year old who was paralyzed in an accident a year ago. He's awesome and has presented me with a challenge: he's denied God. I'll explain more on that for sure because I may need to not only get my thoughts out but advice as well. I'm all about everything happening for a reason ... in the meantime, he's a great kid and we have a blast joking around and chatting it up about life and girls, boys and school.

The boy - um, so it's going well. Really well. One of my two bestest friends met him this past weekend. And, he's coming home with me in July. Whoa ... Laskigal won't get to meet him then but if he's a keeper that'll have to happen fast ... she means more to me than the world!

Speaking of her ... I love her. I think I'm going to call her as soon as I'm done here.

I just finished my first year of teaching here in the south. I spent 3 years in a south Chicago suburb where I learned VOLUMES but this year has proven that the learning process is never, ever ending. There were things that happened that caught me by surprise that I never even mentioned. However, in the midst of that year, and I've talked about them before, I made friendships with these women who have had an AMAZING impact in my life.

I'm writing a book but I think I need to light a fire under my behind to get going. The ideas are swirling in my head and jotted down on papers here and there. Plus, I'm starting a side something, too, that has SO much promise. Again, I need to grab some matches.

For now, I'm going to see if I can get something done with one of the many things I have running around in my mind.

What's a girl got to do when she's got stuff to do ... but the sun and a lounge chair are calling her name? Hmmm ... I'll let you know.

6 comments:

Misty said...

She's to do a little of both....

Lindsey said...

Glad you are back. You have been missed. I hope you are having a fabulous summer! Sounds like you are super busy....

KG said...

Glad things are going well with The Boy. Hope it continues to go well . . . *sending good vibes*

Brunhilda said...

It's super difficult to get things accomplished in the Summer. One thing that helps with writing I think is to set yourself daily or weekly word count goals and stick to them. And also set a maximum so that you never write down every single snippet of an idea one day and can't think of anywhere to go the day after (though that sometimes happens anyway, ha). Hope you get a lot done!

Kristy said...

YAY! You finally updated. So good to catch up Monday. :)

Laski said...

How did I miss this update??? I know, I know. Bad big sis . . .

Now, keep up the updates already. I happen to know there is A LOT going on in that life of yours!!!